How amazing is this – thanks KOFIC!
This interdisciplinary conference is being run at Bangor University by myself and Dr Yan Ying.
The aim of this interdisciplinary conference is to focus on questions of ‘cultural translation’ in all its forms and constructs. As global identity becomes increasingly defined by questions of communication across languages and cultures the role of ‘translation’ becomes key in the forging of new subjectivities.
Topics could include (although are not limited to) :
1. Adaption in literature, film and media
2. Interplay between East Asian nations
3. Construction of ‘East Asia’ as a theoretical/political/cultural concept
4. A focus on the interplay between ‘East Asia’ and the ‘West’
5. Global Dissemination of East Asian Popular Culture.
6. Creative writing and literary translation as cross-cultural tool
We would especially welcome practice-led works from artists, translators, filmmakers and writers. Panel submissions (3-4 people) are also very welcome.
This conference is broadly considering Mainland China, Taiwan, Mongolia, Hong Kong, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Philippines, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia to be the geographical area of focus however comparative studies are very welcome.
There are plans for a 2 special edition journals as a direct result of this conference: Archive Orientani and JOMEC.
For more info please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
visit our website: https://sites.google.com/site/culturaltranslationbangorwales/